All visitors to the Dominican Republic must have a valid passport and a tourist card. Visa is not required if you’re visiting from a visa-exempt country for tourism purposes. See below for more information and links to official sites.
Quick Facts for US Citizens traveling to the Dominican Republic
- Passport must have six months of validity at the time of entry to the Dominican Republic.
- Have two blank pages in your passport.
- Tourist card – “This Dominican government tax now is included in your airfare when entering to the country as a tourist (verify with your carrier). Source: Punta Cana International Airport
- A tourist visa is not required if your visit is shorter than 30 days. Visit the Embassy of the Dominican Republic website for current visa information.
- Vaccinations are not required if arriving from the United States.
- Currency restrictions – No restrictions for entry. Amounts of $10,000 and over must be declared.
More Entry Requirements Information Below…
Top Rated Tours in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
US Embassy in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
U.S. Consular Agent – Bavaro/Punta Cana
Palma Real Shopping Center
Business Center 2nd Floor
Bavaro, La Altagracia, Dominican Republic
Telephone: (809) 552-8990
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(809) 567-7775, dial zero (0) ask for Duty Officer
Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM except for U.S. and Dominican holidays