The beaches of Punta Cana follow the all-inclusive theme, they have it all. Whether you crave a quiet and relaxing beach experience, full days of adventures on the water, or a pampering luxurious beach escape, Punta Cana exceeds expectations. Punta Cana, nicknamed The Coconut Coast offers 30 miles of beaches, even in high season, there’s plenty of sand to relax without heavy crowds. Sit back, relax and allow us to introduce you to the best beaches in Punta Cana and what makes each one special.
The Punta Cana destination was carefully planned, quickly grew to become the Caribbean’s Favorite destination and among the most visited countries in the world. Travelers like you have shared their experiences, placing Punta Cana beaches on the coveted lists of “Top 25 Best Beaches in the World” & “Best Beaches in the Caribbean“.
From Calm & Romantic to Active & Lively…
While some beaches have similarities, a few of the beaches in Punta Cana have their own personality and vibe. Some beaches have more wave action perfect for those that enjoy more active water sports, while some beaches have calm, shallow waters perfect for swimming and more relaxed activities. A few beaches attract more crowds offering a more lively scene while others attract visitors seeking a quiet and more exclusive beach vacation.
The Scene & Crowds
Even though Punta Cana is the #1 Caribbean destination, it doesn’t mean crowded beaches and a lack of natural landscapes. One of the best planning decisions in the Dominican Republic was requiring that all buildings are not much taller than palm trees so resorts blend into the landscape, making Punta Cana one of the most attractive beachfront resort communities. Beachcombers and romantics will have plenty of space to take long walks on the beach for a relaxing and uplifting experience.
Following we introduce you to what we call The Perfect Seven, each representing a quality that describes Punta Cana and meets a specific travel wish. Come to Punta Cana and earn bragging rights to having visited some of the best beaches in the world.
Content & Beaches Covered on this Beach Guide
- Bavaro Beach – Perfectly All-Inclusive – Beauty, Fun, Relaxation, & Adventure
- Macao Beach – Naturally Rugged Beauty & Best Surfing Beach
- Playa Blanca – Elegant Beauty & Exclusive
- Juanillo Beach – Mesmerizing Landscape
- Uvero Alto Beach – Romantic & Uncrowded
- Arena Gorda Beach – Long Blissful Walks, Clear Turquoise Water & Fine White Sand
- Caleton Beach – Intimate & Luxurious – A Blue Flag Beach
- Cabeza de Toro Beach – Budget-Friendly Resorts & Off-Shore Reef Treasures
- Blue Flag Beaches
- Map of Beaches in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Bavaro Beach, perfectly offers the All-Inclusive Caribbean Wonderland Promise of Punta Cana… Bavaro has it all; beauty, fun, relaxation, and adventure under the Caribbean Sun.
We love Bavaro Beach, and so does the rest of the world…
- #7 – “Top 25 Beaches in the Caribbean” – TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice Best of the Best 2022
- #23 – “Top 25 Beaches in the World – TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice Best of the Best 2022
- #19 – “Top 25 Best Beaches in the World”, tens of thousands of travelers like you reviewed their experience, placing it on TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice Best of the Best 2021 & 2020 Award.
- #8 – “Best Beaches in the Caribbean”, a second TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice Best of the Best 2021 & 2020 Award.
Allow us to tell you all the reasons why Bavaro earns the #1 spot.
Top Rated Tours - Bavaro Beach, Punta Cana
Macao Beach is more relaxing and mellow when compared to the more lively parts of Bavaro, but certainly not boring or free of action. Surfers bring their boards and step off the sand to ride the waves. The best time for surfing is during the winter months when the surf is high, but any time of the year is a fun time on the waves. At Macao Beach, you can rent surfboards and get surfing lessons.
Up until a year ago, there was not a single resort or hotel at this beach, this year Dreams Macao Beach Punta Cana Resort opened its doors to visitors, offering guests the pleasure of having Macao Beach almost to themselves.
Top Rated Tours - Macao Beach
Top Rated Horseback Riding Tours in Uvero Alto Beach
Intimate Beach Cove & a Blue Flag Beach
Caleton Beach is one of the most exclusive beaches in the Punta Cana tourist region, just 10 – 15 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport, inside the upscale resort community of Cap Cana. Caleton Beach is for those seeking an intimate romantic beach vacation with luxurious accommodations. To enjoy Caleton Beach, you must stay at Eden Roc Cap Cana, an elegant golf resort with Spanish colonial architecture offering spacious villas serenaded by the sea.
No need to leave the beach for a fine meal, Caleton Beach Club offers two restaurants; La Palapa a seaside restaurant serving lunch and dinner, and Blue Grill & Bar. Just steps from Caleton Beach guests can enjoy an infinity pool, the Solaya Fitness & Wellness Spa, and be serviced by exclusive beach butlers.
Calm Turquoise Water & Off-Shore Reef Treasures
Cabeza de Toro Beach, located just 20 minutes from the Punta Cana Airport, between Bavaro Beach & Cabo Engaño. Visitors can check into an all-inclusive beachfront resort with easy access to numerous boat tours. Within Cabeza de Toro Beach, there are two Blue Flag Beaches; Cabeza de Toro Natura Park Beach and Cabeza de Toro Be Live Collection Punta Cana. While there are various Adults-Only resorts, Cabeza de Toro Beach is a family-friendly beach with a few parks nearby kids will enjoy, offshore snorkeling, and marine parks. Some of the most popular catamarans head to Cabeza de Toro for the clear offshore natural pools and snorkeling sites at Cabeza de Toro Nature Reserve.
Blue Flag Beaches in Punta CanaLa Altagracia, Dominican Republic
- Playa Caleton – Eden Rock Cap Cana – Blue Flag since 2016
- Cabeza de Toro Beach, Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Golf & Casino Resort – Blue Flag since 2020
- Cabeza de Toro Be Live Collection Punta Cana – Blue Flag since 2006
- Playa Bávaro Complejo Barceló Bávaro – Blue Flag since 2010
- Playa Bávaro Meliá – Blue Flag since 2016
- Bávaro Paradisus Palma Real – Blue Flag since 2014
- Playa El Cortecito Impressive – Blue Flag since 2014
- El Cortecito Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort – Blue Flag since 2012
- El Cortecito Paradisus Punta Cana
- Arena Gorda Iberostar – Blue Flag since 2010
- Arena Gorda Royalton – Blue Flag since 2016
- Playa Arena Gorda Occidental Caribe –
- Playa Uvero Alto Sirenis
More Recognitions for Beaches in Punta Cana
- The Dominican Republic – The Best Beaches in the Caribbean – By Frommer’s
- Playa Punta Cana – The Best Caribbean Beaches for 2020 – by LuxuryLink.com