Uvero Alto Beach is located in the northeast part of Punta Cana, 40 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport. Some of the best and most fun family-friendly all-inclusive resorts are in Uvero Alto. Couples and adults can choose from adults-only all-inclusive resorts from romantic and luxurious to resorts that focus on adult party fun.
While Uvero Alto Beach is more mellow than the more popular Bavaro, there’s no shortage of fun activities and entertainment at the all-inclusive beachfront resorts.
Content on this Beach Guide
- While Bavaro Beach is busier and known for its long list of activities, Uvero Alto is more relaxed, attracting those who wish to experience more nature-focused activities and fewer crowds.
- For adults and families seeking fun, the resorts at Uvero Alto offer fun activities, waterparks, and great entertainment.
- Uvero Alto is a long wide beach, with soft golden and a firm foundation, making it a great beach for long walks. The lush uncrowded coastline transports you to the more natural Caribbean which is hard to find in popular vacation destinations.
The good thing about Punta Cana is that nothing is too far, and almost all tour operators offer transportation, so you can enjoy the more natural allure of Uvero Alto while taking advantage of all the great activities of this Caribbean Wonderland.
- Water Activities: If you or your family enjoy more active water activities such as surfing, Uvero Alto Beach and Macao are the perfect choices for your Punta Cana vacation.
- Swimming at Uvero Alto Beach: Although the water does not offer the best swimming conditions, resorts have done a good job roping off safe areas for swimming, also removing most of the rocks on the bottom for an enjoyable refreshing dip on the water.
There’s public access through a dirt path to Uvero Alto, where cool shop shacks with local artworks are located. You rarely see locals at the beach, this beach feels very exclusive for guests, and it is common to see security guards guarding the privacy of the resort guests. You can stay at one of the all-inclusive resorts to enjoy this peaceful location just steps away.
Go Horseback Riding in Uvero Alto
Unique to Uvero Alto Beach, is the romantic activity of horseback riding, great for couples. Just past the resorts on the north end of Uvero Alto Beach, various tour operators offer relaxing horseback rides along the beach. You’ll be riding along the shore to the sounds of lapping waves, surrounded by lush natural flora, free of crowds and development. For an extra special touch, book a sunset tour.
Top Rated Horseback Riding Tours in Uvero Alto Beach
Go Surfing at Uvero Alto Beach
Uvero Alto Beach and Playa Macao are the best surfing beaches in Punta Cana. Families with teens who wish to learn the surfing sport will have the opportunity, there are various tour operators offering surfing lessons at nearby Macao Beach. Board Rentals are available along Uvero Alto Beach. Typically surfing lessons are more expensive when booked through the resort, you may book online to reserve your spot and compare rates (see below). Most of the surfing lessons are next door at Macao Beach, tour companies offer transportation.
Top Rated Surfing Lessons in Punta Cana
Places to Stay at the Beach - Uvero Alto BeachPunta Cana, Dominican Republic
Families seeking resorts that will keep children and teens active and happy can choose from some of the best family-friendly resorts with waterparks and amazing pools. Couples seeking a quiet and more intimate beach escape can choose from a variety of romantic resorts including adults-only.
We begin with the three best-rated all-inclusive resorts at Uvero Alto Beach, followed by family friendly, adults-only and glamping at the beach.